Job Applicant Privacy Notice
(compliant with GDPR)
As part of all our recruitment processes, payever GmbH collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Data protection principles
payever GmbH will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Only collected in order to process your application and only as long necessary to complete this purpose;
- Relevant and limited only to this purpose;
- Kept up to date and accurate;
- Deleted once no longer needed for its purpose;
- Stored safely.
Purpose of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied;
- To consider your application in respect of other roles;
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process;
- To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
What information do we collect?
payever GmbH collects, stores and uses a range of information about you in connection with your application to work with us. This includes:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- Information about your current level of remuneration;
- Information about your entitlement to work in Germany.
The Company may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in CVs, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment, including where applicable online tests.
The Company may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of places, including on your application record, in HR managements systems, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and on other systems including email.
Why does the Company process personal data?
payever GmbH needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, the Company needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. The Company has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows the Company to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. The organisation may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation may keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. The organisation will inform you accordingly and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy.
The Company will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The Company will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
How does the Company protect data?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
For how long does the Company keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, payever GmbH will will hold your data on file for 24 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the HR team: Sara Brioschi (email@example.com)
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the organisation may not be able to process your application properly or at all.